Monday, February 24, 2014

Ted Cruz: ‘I Don’t Work for the Party Bosses in Washington; I Work for 26 Million Texans’

Ted Cruz: ‘I Don’t Work for the Party Bosses in Washington; I Work for 26 Million Texans’


Cruz: 'I Don't Work for the Party Bosses in Washington': http://youtu.be/SPhTUHRslMg via @youtube

Tea Party Senator Ted Cruz is igniting the political world. While Democrats, for years, have bemoaned that the Republican Party is simply the “Party of ‘no,’” they are even more incensed that a conservative senator is working to advance a conservative agenda.Sen. Cruz has taken on both Democrats and Republicans in his attempts to shut Obamacare care and in a recent interview, boldly declared that, “I don’t work for the party bosses in Washington.”
In his interview with CNN’s Dana Bash, Sen. Cruz was asked what it was like to be so hated by fellow senators surrounding him. Without hesitating, the charismatic Tea Party crusader responded, “I don’t work for the party bosses in Washington; I work for 26 million Texans.”
Bash persisted and Sen. Cruz responded that with his colleagues, he is “consistently civil, courteous, respectful, [and] treating them with the dignity they deserve.”
In these dark days of dictatorial politics emanating from Capitol Hill and the White House, it’s refreshing to see a true representative of the people who feels beholden not to the party shot-callers, but to the people who elected him.

No comments:

Post a Comment